3rd Mindfulness & Music Retreat with Sangita
Time & Location
About the Event
The focus of the weekend will be on developing awareness of the thinking mind, and then to use mantra and song as intervention strategies. Mindfulness research estimates we have 60,000 thoughts a day; of which 98% are the same as yesterday and 80% are of a negative nature. Science now shows that thoughts produce chemical changes in our bodies either promoting health and relaxation or creating stress and excessive thinking.
We will learn how to not only interrupt the downward spiral, but how to create upliftment, joy and positivity. As well as exploring different mantras and modes of chanting, we will use popular songs, dances of peace, kirtan and the bell plates. No musical experience needed, all instruments and voices welcome.
Earlybird offer: Book and pay by 30th of October and receive a $20 discount of the full ticket price. Enter Code M&M320 on checkout.
About guest teacher Sangita (Melissa Howden):
Sangita is a Yoga teacher who loves sharing both the timeless practice of meditation with the modern understandings of brain science as a way to support students’ physical, mental and emotional health. She has a background in education having been a music teacher for over 20 years. She holds a Diploma in Satyananda Yoga Teaching, and has completed Level 3 Mindfulness Teacher Training at the Gawler Cancer Foundation in Victoria. After a cancer diagnosis in 2013 life changed dramatically, she found herself living and working in a yoga ashram in NSW, and studying at the Gawler Foundation in Victoria. It was during this time she came to understand the enormous part the mind plays in healing and also in determining the quality of one’s whole life. With the use of mantra and song, Sangita changed the soundtrack of her own life for the better. She wishes nothing but the same for you.
What participants say:
- A relaxing and peaceful entry into highly developed learnings. A teacher that speaks from the heart with compassion and understanding. ~ Sigrun
- The combination of yoga, mindfulness and music really helped to find space to approach some things in a way I haven't previously been able to do so. ~ Penny
- I really enjoyed learning from Sangita, there were so many helpful and encouraging hints to get my meditation practice back on track, and the focus on music created so much joy too. ~ Chando
- Sold OutSingle room$270$2700$0
- Sold OutShared room$240$2400$0
- Sold OutCamping - our tent$230$2300$0