Creating 2021 - A New Year Program
Time & Location
About the Event
How can we understand why our good intentions and resolutions commonly fail, leading to feelings of guilt, shame and despondency? Most of us have heard of the term neuroplasticity, the idea that the brain has the ability to remodel itself according to how we use it. The number of neurons in our brain, and the connections that each has, is almost unimaginable. However, the pathways that we use habitually become like major highways and are pretty much automatic. To change these habitual ways, we have to create new highways, new grooves.
So, how do we do that so these new highways run deep? How can we create lasting positive change?
Mental rehearsal & the use of imagery and affirmations have become mainstream. Have you ever noticed elite athletes meditating before a big race? In fact, in any performance related field you can think of, including personal development, the use of imagery can be used to enhance results.
In this retreat Sangita will guide you as you learn how to harness the power of your mind to reach your highest potential. We'll be using imagery, music and dance (no experience needed!) to create a vision for 2021.
Earlybird offer: Book and pay by 15th of December and receive a $15 discount off the full ticket price. Enter Code Create21 on checkout.
Concession for Health Care Card Holders: $30 (to be subtracted from the ticket price).
About guest teacher Sangita (Melissa Howden):
Sangita is a Yoga teacher who loves sharing both the timeless practice of meditation with the modern understandings of brain science as a way to support students’ physical, mental and emotional health. She has a background in philosophy & education, and worked as a music teacher for over 20 years. She holds a Diploma in Satyananda Yoga Teaching, and has completed Level 3 Mindfulness Teacher Training at the Gawler Cancer Foundation in Victoria. After a cancer diagnosis in 2013 life changed dramatically, she found herself living and working in a yoga ashram in NSW, and studying at the Gawler Foundation in Victoria. It was during this time she came to understand the enormous part the mind plays in healing and also in determining the quality of one’s whole life.
What students say:
- A relaxing and peaceful entry into highly developed learnings. A teacher that speaks from the heart with compassion and understanding. ~ Sigrun
- A well-planned mix of work and leisure at just the right pace. Sangita has a wonderful capacity to show mindfulness in her own presence. An unforgettable experience ~ Skylark
- I really appreciated Sangita’s gentle teaching and compassion and have been practicing mindful walking and labelling my thoughts since the weekend. ~ Quentin
- Single room$435$4350$0
- Shared room$405$4050$0
- Camping - our tent$400$400Sold Out
- Our tent - shared$375$3750$0
- Your tent/camper/vehicle$365$3650$0