Fri, 18 Mar|
Atma Darshan Yoga Center
The 3rd Stage of Our Life - "Forest Dweller"
A workshop for those aged 50-75. Join Sangita, Karunamitra, Samadhi and Antonia for a yogic weekend of exploring this time of increasing focus on the inner, spiritual world.
Time & Location
18 Mar, 5:00 pm – 20 Mar, 3:00 pm
Atma Darshan Yoga Center, 795 Western Creek Rd, Western Creek TAS 7304, Australia
About the Event
This phase of life is known in yogic philosophy as Vanaprastha or Forest Dweller – traditionally the time when a person retires to the forest and gradually gives up worldly life to focus on their inner, spiritual world. Of course, in modern times it may not be feasible or perhaps desirable to fully retire from life but what can this ancient wisdom teach us about this phase of our lives?
This workshop will focus on how we can integrate our intentions to focus on our inner needs while maintaining a commitment to our external obligations.
The retreat will offer:
· An overview of all the stages of life
· Specific focus on yogic philosophy about Vanaprastha
· Guidelines that arise from the wisdom of the ancients and how this can inform contemporary approaches
· Sharing of our own experience in this stage of life
You will leave the workshop:
· feeling inspired and motivated to live this stage with intention;
· with ideas on how to attain your personal aspirations in a way that blends with your current life;
· with a deepening connection to others who are living consciously.
A $50 non-refundable deposit will secure your spot.
Earlybird Offer: Add coupon Code ForestDweller on registration and subtract $15 if you pay in full by 3rd September 2021.
Health Care Card Holders may subtract another $40 off the full ticket price.
Both may apply; subtract $55.
Glamping - single
Large and sturdy tent with fold-out bed and mattress or Laurel room.
Glamping - shared
Our large tent with fold-out bed(s), max. 2 people per tent or Laurel room
Place your tent/van on our property for access to the bathroom hut and in close proximity to the yoga room and kitchen.